Standing with the communities during the Covid 19 pandemic
On 11 March 2020, WHO declared Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) outbreak as a pandemic and called for countries to take immediate actions and scale up response to treat, detect and reduce transmission to save people’s lives. The Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India on 14th March, 2020, also declared Covid-19 as a "notified disaster”. The pandemic caused an unprecedented economic and social disruption, which was devastating. The closure of establishments during the lockdown had widespread socio-economic implications that created multiple challenges for lower income families across the country. DS Group mobilized all possible resources to help the COVID devastated nation and offer support through various activities like contribution to the Prime Minister's Citizen assistance and relief in emergency situations fund, distribution of food, ration, masks, sanitary items, supporting quarantine facilities, providing medical equipments/items to various hospitals/concern authorities, awareness generation etc.
An overview of activities that were carried out directly or through implementation partners since outbreak of Corona virus in March 2020 by the DS Group are:
- Supported around 1 lakh such families through distribution of Ration Kits in Delhi, Noida (Gautam Budh Nagar), Lucknow, Varanasi, Bharooch, Jaipur, Bokaro and Hazaribagh to families, who lost their livelihood during the Pandemic.
- Supported quarantine facilities for the Medical professionals involved in treatment of affected people, in coordination with administration of Gautam Budh Nagar.
- Contributed Rs 10.01 Cr. towards PMCARES (Prime Minister Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund), launched by the Honourable Prime Minister for coordinated efforts of Government, Corporate, civil society and citizens.
- Funded PPE Kits for professionals involved in medical services in Kerala and provided 500 protective shields for safety of the Doctors in Delhi.
- Provided 100 Oxygen Cylinders and 40 Oxygen Concentrators immediately in Delhi, during the second wave of COVID 19.
- Sponsored a project for preventive action to address the serious impact of Covid in 3 districts viz. Bokaro, Hazaribagh & Ramgarh, in Jharkhand, to mitigate the spread of virus in rural areas. Activities like community sensitization programme, help desk, community surveillance team, establishment of village Isolation Centre, distribution of ration Kits to needy families and insurance of volunteers etc. were organized.
- Supports families, who lost their sole earning member and are struggling for a basic living. These families are being braced with short term requirements like ration, linkages with government schemes, counselling, etc. and long term needs like education support for their children, livelihood intervention, etc.